0

Comments

Facebook

Twitter

Google

send


NOW

Mansour: Dahiyeh car bomb ‘not the last’

Caretaker Foreign Affairs Minister Adnan Mansour voiced concern over the possibility of more car bomb explosions following the fatal bomb incident in Beirut’s Southern Suburb on Thursday.

 

“This act won’t be the first or the last and this big shock has turned Lebanon into a house without a roof,” Mansour said in remarks published by An-Nahar newspaper on Sunday.

 

“Today, we are waiting for the first strike, then the second, and the third and the fourth. What will be next?”

 

He also said that the group that announced its responsibility for the car bomb in Dahiyeh intended to create “a sectarian schism” in Lebanon.

 

At least 25 people were killed in the explosion in southern Beirut.

 

A previously unknown group, the Battalion of Aisha, said it carried out the attack because of the Shiite group Hezbollah's involvement in the Syria war.

This act won’t be the first or the last and this big shock has turned Lebanon into a house without a roof.