0

Comments

Facebook

Twitter

Google

send


NOW

Abdullah Azzam Brigades claims
Laqis killed in Iran embassy bombing

Abdullah Azzam Brigade
Two martyrs of Iran embassy bombing. (Twitter)

BEIRUT – The Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed to Hezbollah commander Hassan al-Laqis was killed by the November 19 suicide bombings that targeted the Iranian embassy in Beirut, and not assassinated outside his home in early December.

 

“Laqis’ assassination did not come at the hands of the Jews… his death came at the hands of the two martyrs [who targeted] the Iranian embassy,” the Al-Qaeda-linked group’s spokesperson, Sirajeddine Zureiqat, said in an audio message posted overnight on Twitter.

 

The Abdullah Azzam Brigades also posted a picture of two men they claimed conducted the suicide attack against the embassy in southern Beirut, which they claimed responsibility for.

 

Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah on December 3 said that his Shiite party believed the Al-Qaeda-linked group’s claim of responsibility, adding that Saudi Arabian intelligence was linked to the attack.

 

Hezbollah and media outlets all reported that Laqis was gunned down outside his home in Beirut’s Hadath overnight December 3.

 

The Shiite party blamed Israel for the attack, and Nasrallah last week vowed Hezbollah would retaliate for the assassination at the appropriate time. 

Abdullah Azzam Brigade's audio message. (YouTube)

Laqis’ assassination did not come at the hands of the Jews… his death came at the hands of the two martyrs [who targeted] the Iranian embassy.